New Vista Community is hiring for a support staff who will be responsible to lead, unify, supervise, and train the individuals that reside in that home. Responsible to further the overall mission of New Vista Community that assists adults who are developmentally disabled, and work as a key member of the team by following all policies and procedures.
Candidate must be a CNA with proof of certification.
- Review all New Vista policies and become familiar
-In order to understand individual needs, become familiar with individuals background, profile, and case record. This will assist in conultation with administrator, program director, and outside agenices
- Teach, supervise and monitor self-care skills, home managment, safety, medication, and healthy living.
- Monitor all health issues of individuals and report outcomes or concerns to the house manager and the program coordinator as outlined in NVR policies and procedures
-Provide training and support to individuals in a positive, respectful, and consistent manner using the least restrictive method of training.
-Work in conjuction with the individuals and the ISP team in implementing training programs and record data, and document outcomes on a daily basis.
- Ensure the home is equipped, clean, healthy and maintained in a safe and enriched manner
- Coordinate service for resides such as doctor and dental appointments, transportation, recreation, counseling, meetings.
- Attend all training as recommendings by DRC including staff meetings scheduled by the program coordinator
- Document medication administration per perscription and policy
- Prepare reports for any incidents
- Willingness to maintain the standard, carry out the purpose, and adhere to the policies of New Vista Community.
- Must be 18 years old with one-year experience working with adults that are developmentally disabled with understanding of other diagnosing and adaptive equipment. Supervisory experience beneficial.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, organizational ability, can work with Microsoft word and excel
- Working conditions are normal home environment, occasional overtime and need to be self started with out continual oversite
- Must maintain CPR/first aide certification, TB screening, medication administration certification and any other specific training courses deemed mandatory by New Vista Community
Must be a CNA with Proof of certification.
There are no jobs currently listed.